CS 493 / 693 Computer Security I
Meets 11:30-1pm Tuesday & Thursday in Chapman 206.
- Homework 2 is due before midnight Thursday, September 21.
- Wait until this Friday at noon
- Pick any one of the 2017 CSAW CTF Challenges worth >1 point (I will send you the login creds)
- Solve the problem (find the flag)
- Turn in your data or code, and a very short writeup (1 paragraph maximum) on Blackboard by the deadline (you'll need to log in to blackboard first).
- Homework 1 on binary files and password recovery is due before midnight Thursday, September 14.
- Homework 0 on SQL and Virtual Machines is due in class Tuesday, September 5.
- 09/21 Lecture: Cryptanalysis: Correlations in Ciphertext
- 09/19 Lecture: Encryption & RC5
- 09/14 Lecture: Disk Search & Seizure
- 09/12 Lecture: Whole Disk Encryption
- 09/07 Lecture: Reading and Writing Binary Data Files
- 09/05 Lecture: Data Storage Abstractions & Recovering Hashed Passwords
- 08/31 Lecture: Network Servers and PHP
- 08/29 Lecture: Secrets
- CS 493 syllabus
- The stacked graduate section CS 693 syllabus