CS 601: Algorithms, Architecture, and Languages
- HW1 on Context Free Grammar parsers is on NetRun and due Friday, February 23.
- Project 0 research topics are due in class Wednesday, Febrary 21.
- HW0 on architectures & algorithms is now due Monday, January 29 (was due Friday, January 26, but NetRun was inaccessible Friday. It's back up now!)
Lecture Notes & Links
- 02/23: SAT solvers and reducing graph coloring to SAT
- 02/21: LLVM Intermediate Representation and compiler internals
- 02/19: LALR Parsing a CFG
- 02/16: Context-Free Grammars
- 02/14: Lexer Design: Regex for Compilers
- 02/12: Regular Expressions and Finite Automata (starting at noon)
- 02/09: Chomsky's Hierarchy of Languages
- 02/07: Noncomputable Functions & the Busy Beaver problem
- 02/02: Just-In-Time Interpreters
- 01/31: Interpreter Design Options . Be ready to talk about your Turing Machine simulator. Optional: be ready to talk about your HW0 microarchitecture.
- 01/29: The Halting Problem and in-class exercise Google Doc (starting at noon again, Monday special!)
- 01/26: Self-Reference: Lambda, Russell, Gödel
- 01/24: Order of Magnitude Estimation
- 01/22: Experiment Design (starting at noon for special 2-hour block!)
- 01/19: Encoding a Computation as Numbers
- 01/17: Overall Design of this Course