CS641 - Advanced Architecture - 2009
Exam and overall course grades are posted on NetRun. Thanks for a fun
- The final exam was held at 12:15pm in Chapman 201 on Saturday, May 9.
- Turn in your Project 2 final code on
by midnight Thursday, May 7th.
- Homework 6, on GPU
programming, was due on
blackboard by midnight Tuesday, April 21.
I also just posted my updated, easier to use GPGPU classes (Zip, Tar-gzip).
comments are posted on NetRun. In honor of the upcoming
comprehensive exam, I won't assign HW6 until after Saturday.
- Homework 5, on MPI and OpenMP
programming, was due at midnight Tuesday, March 31.
- Midterm and
Course Grades are posted on NetRun. You guys did well on the midterm--nice
- Homework 4, on PIC microcontroller
programming, was due Friday, March 6.
- The course midterm exam was on Thursday, March 5.
- Project 1 presentations were Tuesday, March 3.
- Your Project 1 Topic Paper
was due Tuesday, February 24th at
- Homework 3, on dependencies and superscalar
execution, was due Thursday, February 12 at
midnight on Blackboard.
- Homework 2, in NetRun,
Thursday, February 5 in class.
- Homework 1, handed out in class, was due Thursday, January 29 in class.
"GPGPU": General-Purpose computations on Graphics Processing Units
Parallelizing Finite Element Simulations
Building Broadcast From Point-to-Point
Distributed-Memory Parallel Programming with MPI
Embedded Systems: Microcontrollers
Parallel Algorithm Design & Performance Analysis
Threads: Parallel Programs
Cache & the Memory Hierarchy: Serial and Parallel
SSE: Streaming SIMD Extensions (parallel floats)
Superscalar, Out-of-Order, and Register Renaming
Pipelining, Pipeline Stalls, and Operand Forwarding
Machine Code: Encoding Operand Arguments
Instruction Encoding and Assembly Language
- Course syllabus
includes dates to remember, the grading policy, and a course outline.
- My CS 441 lecture notes have a variety of useful information on computer architecture.
Meeting time: 9:45-11:15am
Room 104 Chapman
University of Alaska Fairbanks
UAF CS 641
3.0 Credits, Spring
Prerequisite: CS 441 (Architecture)
Instructor: Dr. Orion Lawlor
Office: 210C Chapman
Hours: 2-3pm TR (or
O. Lawlor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Up to: Class Site, CS, UAF