Undergraduate Student Information
- Course Sign-up process
- Example of how to get a BS degree in 4 years in CS at UAF.
- Visual prerequisite diagram for CS major courses , or math prerequisite diagram
- Computer Science Bachelor's Degree Requirements , or in checklist form .
- 5 year BS/MS Degree Requirements
How to sign up for classes
UAF lets newly-enrolled students sign up for classes completely online for your first semester. Everybody else needs advisor permission:
- Look at your CS degree requirements and cross check them on DegreeWorks to figure out what you need to take.
- Check CourseFinder or Schedule Planner to see what's available this semester. Look up prerequisites in the Course Catalog.
- Send the list of classes you've picked to your academic advisor, which can be any CS professor--so pick one you like!
- Your advisor gives you permission to register on UAOnline (Faculty -> Advisor -> PIN). They'll need your UA ID number.
- Once you have advisor permission, you can add and delete classes on UAOnline (Student -> Registration -> Register).
- Attend classes the first day, study hard, and do well!