Department of Computer Science Undergraduate Information
- Example of how to get a BS degree in 4 years in CS at UAF.
- Visual prerequisite diagram for CS major courses , or math prerequisite diagram
- Computer Science Bachelor's Degree Requirements
- 5 year BS/MS Degree Requirements
How to sign up for classes
UAF lets newly-enrolled students sign up for classes completely online for your first semester. Everybody else needs a paper "UAF Registration Form", which your advisor needs to sign:
- Print out your "UAF Registration Form" via UAOnline
- Student Services, Financial Aid & Account Information
- Select Term (select the current registration term and click on Submit)
- Check Your Registration Eligibility (click on Print your UAF Registration Form)
- Print in landscape mode for more room to fill out course numbers
- Read the Course Catalog, look at your degree requirements, and pick out fun classes that will help you get your degree.
- Talk to your academic advisor, which can be any CS professor--so pick one you like! Your advisor must sign your UAF Registration Form.
- Turn in the UAF Registration Form at Admissions and Records, in Signer's Hall.
- Attend classes the first day. Once your UAF Registration Form is turned in, you can then add and delete classes on UAOnline.