This page of Hamster Links is part of
Glenn's Hamster Page
Glenn G. Chappell.
Here are some links to some other hamster stuff on the net.
This list is not intended to be anywhere near comprehensive;
rather, I've selected the entries in below for quality, usefulness, or entertainment value.
Links last checked on June 19, 2001.
Informative Hamster Sites
- The Complete Hamster Site
- A terribly serious site devoted to reliable, accurate information on hamsters:
characteristics, care, sexing, breeding, etc. A good resource.
- Wodent Wheel
- This is the home page for the Wodent Wheel,
a very nice hamster exercise wheel.
Also see my
Wodent Wheel Comments page.
- The alt.pets.hamsters FAQ
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on the
This is a Web version of the files regularly posted on the group.
- Safe Bedding FAQ
- Why cedar or pine chips should not be used
in pet cages, and a discussion of alternatives.
(Personally, I recommend
International Absorbents, Inc.,
as well as many pet stores.)
- The Dylan Menagerie
- The web site of a breeder in the U.K.
Has gobs of pictures, information about a hamster mailing list,
and the story of "Houdini, the car-eating hamster".
- Towy Vale Hamstery
- Another hamster breeder in the U.K.
The Page has information about hamster clubs and shows in the U.K.
and a hamster FAQ.
Cute Hamster Sites
Is there any hamster site that is not cute?
Those below are especially cute (and not especially informative).
- Room of Hamster
- A rather different hamster site.
Take a look at the "Internet picture book"
for some of the cutest drawings you'll ever see.
- Hampster Dance 2
- Well, here it is, by popular demand.
Clearly one of the more worthless sites on the web,
run by someone who doesn't even spell "hamster" correctly.
But I'll admit that it is cute.
- alt.pets.hamsters (requires Usenet access)
- The Usenet hamster newsgroup. A good place for hamster
discussions of all sorts, sympathy after the loss of a pet, and serious
A number of knowledgeable people frequent the group,
so questions are likely to get accurate answers.
As with most Usenet newsgroups, alt.pets.hamsters sometimes has a low
for example when someone posts a recipe for barbecued hamster,
and 500 Extremely Helpful People post complaints.
But if you're willing to put up with such things,
it can be a nice little group.
- The Hammy Hut Yahoo! Club (requires a Yahoo! ID -- which is free)
- Of the zillions of Yahoo! clubs that claim to be
hamster-related, this is the most popular.
It appears to be quite worthwhile.
Glenn's Hamster Page.
Hamster Links /
Last update: 19 Jun 2001 /
Glenn G. Chappell /