CS 482 / 681: Simulations in Computer Graphics
- Project 1 final drafts are due on Blackboard (you'll need to log in first) by Friday, March 24. Project presentations are Monday, March 27 in class.
- The midterm exam was in class Friday, March 10.
- Midterm exam grades are posted on NetRun (of all places!).
- HW2 on model preparation was due on Blackboard (you'll need to log in first) by Friday, February 24.
- Be ready to describe your Project 1 topics in class Monday, February 13.
- HW1 on particles systems to simulate electrons, due Monday, February 6.
- In-class development of course topics exercise for Friday, January 20.
- HW0 on basic Newtonian mechanics is due Wednesday, January 25.
- Fluid dynamics: Multigrid using mipmaps, 03-24
- Basic mipmap-based blurring, 03-24
- Partial Differential Equation Notation used in Navier-Stokes, 03-22
- Fluid transport: advection term, 03-20
- Course review for midterm exam, 03-08
- Simulations on the GPU, 03-06
- Shallow-water wave equations, 03-03
- Shallow-water wave equations with actual units, built in class 03-03
- Shaders on GPU, 03-01
- Cellular Automata simulation on GPU, 02-27
- Vehicle Simulation, 02-24
- Geometric Mesh Modification for Finite Elements using ALBERTA, 02-22
- Character Animation in Babylon.js using Bones, 02-22
- Fracture Videos, 02-20
- Collision detection and response, 02-17
- Finite Element Method, 02-13
- Models and Loading, 02-10
- Spring with Model Demo, 02-10
- Spring Physics Demo, 02-08
- Flock simulation, 02-06
- Flocking Demo, 02-06
- Sprite Particle Demo, 02-03
- Barnes-Hut Gravity, 02-01
- Barnes-Hut Gravity Tree Demo, 02-01
- Particle System Demo, 01-30
- Angular Velocity Lecture & Demo, 01-25
- Vectors, Quaternions, and Object Orientations, 01-25
- Object Orientation Demo, 01-25
- Integration of differential equations, 01-18
- Why should you take this course?
Simulations are used extensively in applied manufacturing technology, scientific research, and computer games (a $90 billion/year industry). But they're also beautiful, fascinating objects--here are some examples from the last time this course was taught:
And some example videos:
- Added new "lib.tempBox" and "lib.tempVector" functions.
- There is now a PixAnvil help file, 01-25
- Use right-handed coordinate system, 01-19